Ah, the holidays are over. Right now you are probably experiencing Christmas-withdrawl, food and sugar comas, family overload, smaller bank accounts, and back-to-work anxiety. Just know that you are not alone in your post-holiday blues.
Here are some of my suggestions on how to deal with the transition back to real life:
1. Ease your way in by rewarding yourself every two hours for surviving with leftover Christmas chocolate.
2. Secretly listen to your favorite Christmas carol at least once a day until you are ready to let go.
3. Start walking in the morning for at least 10 minutes, and increase your time every day as you begin to get used to your ligaments moving again.
4. If you are experiencing an extreme case of anxiety, take 5 shots of a peppermint mocha latte. Slowly ween yourself off.
5. Space out your use of your Christmas gifts. Don’t use or wear your gifts all in one week! Spread it out so you can enjoy the excitement of new things longer.
6. It’s okay to leave your Christmas tree up for a little while longer. Just remember, the longer you wait, the harder it will be. I suggest the last day to keep it up should be Jan. 11. Longer than that, and it will probably be a fire hazard, if it isn’t already.Don’t say that I didn’t warn you!
7. Read your favorite blogs (wink wink) to get your mind off your post-holiday blues.
Hopefully that list will help you get through!
Here are some snippets of my vacay!
Half Moon Bay – Coastal Walk behind the Ritz Carlton
The grandchildren. Yes, we are extremely mature.
Some mansion near Caroline Park – Redlands, CA
More picture and outfits in a wee bit! Follow me on Instagram for more snippets and FIRST LOOKS of outfits before they’re published!