Another year has come and gone, which of course means that I am one year older. I’ve lived 24 years thus far full of fond memories, heartaches, laughs, struggles, and growth (basically a life just like everyone else in this world but I felt like attempting to write eloquently :P)
Before I blow out my twenty-four candles, I want to take the time to reflect on the blessings of this past year, the growth that has happened, and the excitement to come.
3 categories x 8 ideas = 24 reflections
Loves I’ve Lived
1. Saw FUN in concert.
2. Tried surfing and snorkeling for the first time.
3. Designed invitations for 2 weddings
4. Experienced Friendsgiving in Washington, D.C with the best of friends and witnessed an engagement. 🙂
5. Was front row of a Backstreet Boys concert and was able to hold all their hands while being serenaded. 😉
6. Went to a Sharks game and sat in the Penthouse Suite c/o a friend working at a big company – (The corporate world has it made! :P)
7. Went strawberry picking for the first time.
8. Started this blog. 🙂
Lessons I’ve Learned
1. With our Lord Jesus Christ, all things are possible, including getting through my first year of teaching.
2. There should always be time to foster relationships, friendships, and community no matter how busy life gets.
3. ALWAYS bring a flashlight with you when you go hiking just to be safe.
4. Sometimes you just have to sleep (I know this, but this next year I’m going to practice it. 🙂 )
5. Smiling is the best medicine.
6. Prom-posal – the act of asking someone to prom.
7. Be confident with the person that God made you to be.
8. Don’t base your happiness on something you can lose. C.S. Lewis
Longings to Look forward to
1. Exploring the Bay Area — It’s been my home for 19 years of my life, yet I have not seen, done, or tasted even half of the things the Bay has to offer.
2. Improving my teaching practice.
3. Seeing where the Lord takes me and being able to say “OH, so that’s Your plan. So much better than mine.”
4. My future trip to New Zealand next summer (okay, technically I will be 25 by then but still 🙂 )
5. Designing more stationary.
6. Seeing how my blog progresses.
7. Trying new things.
8. Forming and investing in new friendships.
Thank you for joining me today on my birthday! ❤