I’d like to think I live an active lifestyle when I’m not cooped up in my classroom or a coffee shop working. So I would like to use this blog not just to document my outfits, but also my adventures and travel as I continue to explore. 🙂
I’ve lived in the Bay Area for most of my life, yet I am pretty oblivious to the wide variety of adventures that the bay has to offer. It’s kind of a sad thing when a newbie Californian has out-adventured you, a native to the land.
Last weekend, a couple of friends invited me on a hike to Alamere Falls which is a little north of SF. The weather was absolutely glorious — full of sunshine and bright blue skies. I wish you all could have been there with me to see it!
1. It’s 7.5 mile round trip
2. Slope – The inclination of the hike is very gradual and not very steep at all. It’s a relatively easy hike.
3. TWO DIFFICULT PARTS – Once you reach the end of the trail, you have to climb down some rocks to get to the top of the falls which can be a little tricky. If you want to get down to the beach, you have to conquer another rocky area. It’s not too bad, just be very careful and make sure you’re holding on to solid rock and not slate-like rock that can easily break apart. Going back up may be a challenge, and so bring a male companion who can give you a hand if you have short legs like me. 😛
4. Plants – There is poison oak on the trail so I suggest you wear long pants and a long-sleeve shirt if you can.
5. Time: 5 hours (We spent a lot of time eating lunch and exploring the beach, so it could be shorter)
6. The View – (Look for yourself 😛 )
It’s a beautiful world out there. 🙂
12 thoughts on “Let’s go on a Hike! – Alamere Falls (CA)”
That looked like a gorgeous hike! Thanks for sharing your adventure. 🙂
Thanks for reading about it! 🙂
Brilliant photos. Glad you had a good time 🙂
I love waterfalls. These shots are gorgeous!
Thanks so much!
So breathtakingly gorgeous!
I know, I could hardly believe it myself. You should check it out if you’re ever in the area! 🙂
Beautiful hike! I love hiking, I wish I spent more time in the bay area because I would love to go on this hike! 🙂
Yea! Check it out the next time you’re here!